Availability of Goods
- Most commonly ordered stock are kept in store. If an item is out of stock it may take up to 48 hours for the order to reach us. In a case where an item is discontinued, delayed or out of stock with our suppliers we will attempt to notify you of the delay. If an item is suddenly discontinued we will notify you by phone or email to provide you with further options or to give you a full refund.
- We will provide a full refund of goods that we are unable to supply. However, iSpectacle.com does not take responsibility for any loss or damages that you may suffer if we are unable to supply the goods.
- Our displays of items are as accurate and true to our knowledge as possible.
Designer Prescription Glasses
- We attempt to stock as many designer frames at our laboratory as possible. However as we do not store all the models, colours and sizes available, orders from the manufacturers may take up to 10-15 working days.
- Some goods may be out of stock or on backorder with our suppliers and therefore occasionally may take up to 4 weeks. Should this occur we will contact you regarding the situation and offer you with further available options or provide you with a full refund.
- If an item is suddenly discontinued we will notify you by phone or email to provide you with further options or to give you a full refund.
- Please allow 10-15 working days for all designer frames and sunglasses.
- Postal charges for delivery of designer sunglasses cannot be refunded. This value represents 10% of the good as we are unable to return any designer frames to the supplier. Return of the good will be by Special Delivery through Royal Mail. No refunds of postal charges are liable to iSpectacle.com unless there is a fault by the supplier.
- All cancellations must be within 24 hours of ordering online. Any cancellations after this period will mean postal charges will not be refunded.
Supply Limitations on Prescription Lenses
- By law we are not allowed to sell glasses to patients under the age of 16.
- We are also unable o provide prescription lenses to a patients who’s prescription is over 2 years old.
- We cannot supply goods to registered partially sighted or blind people.
- We will only supply lenses of spherical power between (+) and (-) 7.75 and a cylindrical power between (+) and (-) 4.00 dioptres.
- All prices shown on the website are correct at the time of display.
- We reserve the right to alter prices from time to time without prior notification.
- Every effort is made to maintain correct pricing but these may be subject to variations caused by factors beyond our control.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT.
- By submitting your order you confirm that you are over 16 years of age and legally able to purchase prescription glasses from iSpectale.com.
- You confirm that you are not registered as partially sighted or blind peoples.
- You agree to provide any details that are reasonably required by us in order to prove that you are legally able to buy prescription lenses.
- You must agree to use your correct name and address (cardholders address) and date of birth and any other details that are reasonably required.
- You confirm that you have undergone an eye examination within the last two years.
- We accept payment by PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, Switch, Solo, Maestro or any other credit card identified on our site.
- We will report any suspected fraudulent transactions to the relevant authorities.
- Credit and charge card payments are subject to validation and authorisation by the cardholder's issuer and we will not be held liable for any non-delivery or delay if a card issuer refuses to authorise payment.
- You may also pay for goods by sending a sterling cheque to us drawn on a UK clearing Bank but the goods will not be dispatched until the cheque has cleared.
- We cannot accept responsibility or liability for failures in transmission of information deletion, non-delivery or failure to store any communications by you.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is to be taken to exclude or restrict rights granted to you by law in respect of goods supplied. Some goods may be the subject of additional warranties or guarantees given by the manufacturers direct to you.
- We will not accept responsibility for any damage on goods caused by you.
- We are not liable to any person for any damages or loss caused by the use of goods advertised on our website.
- Without prejudice to your statutory rights the information contained in this site is provided without warranty and in particular we do not represent or warrant that the information is accurate, complete or current or that the use of this site will be uninterrupted or error free.
- We will not be responsible for claims relating to the availability of our iSpectacle.com range, our ecommerce engine, our website, servers, place of purchase or the success or level of sales resulting from these.
- The above exclusion of liability do not apply to damage arising from personal injury or death where they result from our negligence or the negligence of our servants and agents in the course of their duty.
- We are not able to refund or replace any prescription lenses once the order has been made and we recommend that you contact us first when ordering bifocals or varifocals as we use a computed height for these lenses.
- We will not take responsibility for any discrepancy caused by you when entering your Pupillary Distance.
- Reglazing lenses into customer's own frames are done entirely at the customer's own risk. We will not be liable for damages or loss of frames sent for reglazing .We will not be liable for any breakages occurred during the glazing process as this is also at the customer's own risk.
Dispatch of Goods
1. We will endeavour to deliver the goods to the address which you have supplied us at the time of purchase within 28 days.
2. We will endeavour to ensure that the goods are delivered by any delivery date estimated by us but we cannot guarantee that goods will be delivered by that date.
3. You agree that we will not be liable to you for any loss, damage or charge incurred because of the late delivery of goods. We use Royal Mail for the delivery of our items and occasionally there are delays in the postal system.
4. The risk of damage to the goods passes to you once they are delivered to the address specified in your order instructions. All goods require a signature at the recipient’s specified address.
- If you are not satisfied with your goods you must notify us as soon as you receive them. You may return them within seven days of purchase in its original condition together with the original receipt and packing and we will refund you the full amount minus postal charges.
- We are unable to refund prescription lenses. A 10% reduction will be applied in the refund as well as the reduction of postal charges.
- If the lens is customised with any of our coatings tints bifocals varifocals etc the cost of these will not be refunded unless there is a fault or quality issue with the goods.
- You should notify us immediately of any problems quoting your receipt reference. You should also send us your proof of return by separate email. Any damage or discrepancy with the goods supplied must be notified to us in writing immediately upon receipt of the goods. Your statutory rights are not affected. We endeavour to respond to any complaints made with 5 working days.
- Cancellation of Purchase: We reserve the right to cancel your purchase from us if:
(5.1) We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered.
(5.2) We do not deliver to your area.
(5.3) One or more of the goods you have ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers. We will notify you of the situation and ask if you still wish to purchase the goods. If we decide to cancel the order we will notify you as soon as possible and provide you with a full refund. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered, or any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill).
General Terms & Conditions
1. Notices served under these terms and conditions must be in writing and will be deemed to be given when personally delivered, sent by confirmed fax or 3 days after being sent by registered mail to the address set out in our Dispatch Letter / Invoice.
2. Any failure by us to enforce any of these terms and conditions will not affect our right to enforce the rest of those terms and conditions.
3. These terms and conditions may be subject to change at any time without prior notice to you, your affiliates, partners, companies or persons of any relationship to you.
4. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.
ISpectacle is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we
ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using
this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance
with this privacy statement.
ISpectacle may change this policy from time to time by updating
this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are
happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25/12/2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
name and job title
contact information including email address
demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
other information relevant to customer surveys/sales and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a
better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers
or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email
address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market
research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use
the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to
prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable
physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the
information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's
hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web
traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web
applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor
its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering
information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us
analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it
to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis
purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to
monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way
gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the
data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically
accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline
cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you
have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any
control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the
protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such
sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should
exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in
the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that
you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by
anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct
marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or
emailing us at [email address]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties
unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your
personal information to send you promotional information about third parties
which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under
the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a
copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or
incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above
address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.